Being in the kitchen is always fun for me! I enjoy trying to be creative when it comes to whipping up new recipes, and seeing several different ingredients come together to make something complete! Last night, I had a hankering to make something scrumptious to bring into work; however, I encountered a dilemma. To bake something classic as chocolate chip cookies, or maybe go the healthy route with an oat based bar…. We’ve all heard of the phrase, ‘have your cake and eat it too’ so why not apply that to this scenario? Why not combine the two recipes to create an effortless and sweet treat?!
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
- 1 1/2 cup Whole wheat flour
- 2 cups Old fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda, and salt; set aside
- Whisk eggs; add sugar, butter and vanilla
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet mixture; still until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Spread evenly in a nonstick baking sheet (or in a coated baking sheet with cooking spray)
- Bake for 16-18 minutes at 350 degrees, or until toothpick comes out clean!